This will be a flexible, all-rounder role to help us fill gaps on our growth path. Some of the initial features of this role will include;
- -Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- -Technical responsibility for all stages of the software development process to ensure compliance with Curve development quality standards
- -Good communicator (written and oral)
- -Ruby on Rails 4+
- -Knowledge of Test Driven Development (Unit Testing)
- -Knowledge of Behaviour Driven Development (UI Testing)
- -Experience using Rspec and Cucumber
- -Continuous Integration (e.g. CircleCI, Travis)
- -Token-based authentication (e.g. JWT)
Below are the skills and experience we require of candidates. If you have 80% - 90% still talk to us
- we are open to discuss.
- 10+ years experience in commercial development.
- Must have experience building and deploying your own apps from scratch (this doesn't need to be commercial - it can also be side/hobby projects).
- Love for problem-solving.
- Possess an agile and continuous delivery mindset.
- Experience/significant understanding of Rails tech stack.
- Previous experience and/or a passion for start-ups.
- Superior interpersonal, analytical abilities and debugging skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience with systems architecture.
- AngularJS or React experience desirable.
- Mobile development experience or exposure desirable.
- AWS infrastructure - cloud formation and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) experience desirable.
- Heroku infrastructure platform experience desirable.
What is important to us?
- Strong personal alignment with Curve’s mission of making a positive impact on people’s lives
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Strong initiative
- Work ethic
- Positive attitude
- Love to Learn
Why work at Curve?
Working at Curve isn’t your typical workplace experience. Our team are super connected, passionate and hard working and keeping our culture amazing is our #1 priority.
Our recruitment process is long, because we want to get it as right as we can. Once you’re in, we know you’ll love it.
Here’s some of the things we offer:
- A strong mission to improve 1 billion lives through digital healthcare. Use your skills as a force for good and join a team that believes in making the world a better place.
- A company that lives by its values. The Curve Values are:
- Improve myself, each other & our partners
- Solve problems that improve people’s lives
- Everyone leads
- Become comfortable with being uncomfortable
- Only create products that people love
- An amazingly genuine, engaging and friendly culture.
- Flexible working hours and location, mix of office and work from home
- Working in an international team
- A focus on your growth and development
- Glass Door Rating of 5
Benefits that designed for you
- A diverse and inclusive place to work
- Health and Wellbeing rewards
- Extra Rewards
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible work practices, including hybrid working arrangements.
- Up to 1 day of volunteer leave is available every year so you can really make a difference towards causes that are important to you